The State Government has decided to include 26 services of three departments in the Odisha Right To Public Services (ORPSA) Act.
The Act includes 63 services of 10 departments. After the latest inclusions, the number of services offered under the Act has increased to 89.
Among the new additions, 15 services are in the Housing and Urban Development department, eight from the Higher Education department and three from the Fisheries and Animal Resources Development department.
What Does This Mean?
The ORPSA guarantees time-bound delivery of services rendered by the Government to citizens under different departments. It also provides a mechanism for punishing the Government officials who fail to provide the services stipulated under the Act.
15 New Services under the Urban Development Department
- Issuing certified copy of building plan within 7 days
- Community hall booking within 2 days
- Land usage and related information within 3 days
- Issuing conveyance deed, no dues certificate, permission of mortgage, property transfer sale deed and holding tax assessment within 30 days
- Ownership transfer of land or house within 60 days
- Complaints related to garbage cleaning within 3 days
- Repair and replacement of street lights within 10 days
- Road cutting permission in 7 days
- Road restoration permission within 15 days
- Issuing birth and death certificates within 7 days
- Sewage overflow, blockage and minor leakage maintenance within 48 hours
8 New Services under the Higher Education Department
- Issuing certificates of CHSE managed higher secondary or similar examinations, certificate-cum-memorandum of marks/course leaving certificate in correspondence course and provisional certificate/mark sheets of universities within 7 days
- College leaving certificate within three days, migration certificate within 30 days
- Authentication of original certificate within 2-7 days
- Disposal of memorandum with regard to block grant/ grant-in-aid within 15 to 30 days
- Issuing no-objection certificate for passport, foreign tour and higher study within seven to 15 days
3 New Services under the Fisheries and Animal Resources Development Department
- Issuing registration certificate for fishing licence and renewal of fishing licence within 15 days
- Issuing animal health certificate within 5-7 days
Sources: The New India Express