With Swine Flu positive cases reaching to 34 in the state this season, the state health department on Sunday asked all private health establishments to follow the advisory, issued by the government earlier, strictly.
The department ordered to ensure all arrangements in place to tackle the situation including vaccination of all doctors and medical staff, especially those directly involved in treatment of these patients.
The department swung into action after the first swine-flu casualty of this year was reported in the state on Saturday with the death of a 53 year-old man at a private hospital here.
Health Secretary Pramod Kumar Meherda in a letter to the medical superintendent of various private medical colleges, medicals and health institutes Sunday said that utmost importance at this stage should be on separate screening facility, isolation wards and ventilator support facility to tackle influenza A H1N1.
The health secretary asked the private health institutes to follow Control of Diseases (CD) alert, clinical management protocol and infection control guidelines, lab sample procedure, guidelines for providing homecare, advisory for vaccination and other do’s and don’ts.
While asking these health establishments to adhere to the advisory meticulously, he said, “the details and status of all patients admitted and undergoing treatment should be submitted to the director of Public Health on a daily basis.”
Meanwhile, health officials said that out of three samples, two have been tested positive for the flu at Capital Hospital. Of these two cases; one is a 36 year-old male while other is a 28 year-old female. Both are under-going treatment, they added.
With this the total number of swine flu positive cases in the state has gone up to 34. The government so far has tested 177 samples, officials said.
In 2015, Swine Flu killed 13 persons in the state.
Courtesy: Orissa Post | Image Courtesy: Samaya