The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday went on an inauguration spree as it started observing the Local Self Government Day (on Wednesday) spread over three days.
Ten ministers and city mayor Anant Narayan Jena inaugurated 13 projects and laid foundation stone of 19 others, with an estimated cost of Rs 78.75 crore.
The following projects were inaugurated on day one of the Local Self Government Day
- 2 drinking water projects in Ward 19 and 45
- A water ATM in ward 49
- A crematorium in ward 9
- A senior citizens’ recreation center in ward 3
- A colony park at Prasanti Vihar in ward 1
The ministers also inaugurated the following projects.
- 3 day-cum-night shelters for the poor and homeless (50 beds each) at Ghatikia, Ashok Nagar and Ganga Nagar
- A street light project in ward 36
- 2 high-mast lights near Akhandalmani temple in ward 39
The BMC laid foundation stone of an animal welfare center at Jamukoli on the outskirts of the city. A city livelihood center will come up to impart skill training to the needy people near Bharatpur in ward 22.
Chief minister Naveen Patnaik will inaugurate a foot overbridge at Jaydev Vihar, a water ATM at Jharana Basti, five community centers at Bharatpur and a drinking water project in ward 27.
He will also lay foundation stone of a kine house at Patrapada, BMC’s new office building in Nayapalli and a park at Bhimatangi.
Courtesy: The Times of India